In this episode, Aaron sits down with Rebekka Frazer from Fuel Your Life, a national Dietetics company. Rebekka is highly qualified with a Masters Degree and and additional 2 years of specific Sports Dietetics training, and has worked with many high performance teams and endurance athletes.
Learn about common myths like:
- Is Keto/Fat Adaptation the best for my performance?
- Will carbs make me fat?
- Will sports drinks give me diabetes?
- Are BCAAs needed during rides/runs?
- Do I need to fuel during workouts?
- Is leaner always better?
- Can I avoid runners gut?
- Do I need to drink during swim training?
Also learn what a sports dietitian can do for your performance as an endurance athlete.
Here’s a link to the sheet of the myths we busted: https://wetri.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/FYL-Myth-Busting-in-Endurance-Sport-3.pdf
Here’s some sources that explain a couple of the positions:
- This one is a link to the AIS website showing BCAAs as a Category C supplement (it was previously Category B up until recently) and explains why they aren’t beneficial to performance in endurance sport: https://www.ais.gov.au/
- This one is a link to a British Journal of Sports Medicine Consensus Statement on RED-S for further reading about the condition and how it affects all major organ systems in the body: https://bjsm.bmj.com/content/